Individual FAQs - Subpoena - eFile Exemptions

Employer: You may contact your employer(s) and request copies of the W-2s you were issued.
IRS: You may contact the IRS at 1.800.829.1040 to request a wage and income transcript and tax return transcript.

Yes, legible photocopies are acceptable.

A Federal Income Tax Return will be accepted.  Unfortunately, it does not display any municipal tax that was withheld for your workplace municipality. Without this figure, you may not receive credit for the withholding when your residence tax is calculated.

The IRS can be contacted at 1.800.829.1040 (individuals) or 1.800.908.9946 to request transcripts. For more information visit

Electronically: You may file electronically through MyAccount or FastFile.

Mail:  Mail information to:

Regional Income Tax Agency
P.O. Box 470538
Broadview Heights, Ohio 44147

Fax: Fax information to: 440.922.3510

Visit the RITA website by clicking here. Click on the type of notice that was received.  If the answer to the question is not listed, you can contact RITA at 800.860.7482, ext. 5002.

You will receive a billing statement and can contact the Collections Department at 800.860.7482, ext. 5004 to discuss payment arrangements.

Yes, exemption types: no taxable income, military income only, under 18, retired, deceased, and moved out can be filed online through MyAccount or FastFile.